I consider myself a Jill-of-all-trades editor. Skills I have include: overseeing an entire content strategy, maintaining an editorial and production schedule, assigning stories, managing writers and designers, proofing and editing copy, researching and writing articles, fact-checking, sourcing photos and approving layout. I can also tackle all things digital: managing a website, reporting on web analytics, overseeing digital marketing (social media, newsletters, SEO, blog) and more.
• I’ve been the web editor for Ground (a landscape architecture magazine) since February 2016.
• I worked with Fodor’s Travel Guides on four guidebooks (Toronto, 2020; Vancouver & Victoria, 2020; Vancouver & Victoria, 2017; Pacific Northwest, 2017) writing/editing content.
• I worked with ReNew Canada on their 2016 and 2017 Top 100 Projects publications.
• I’ve also worked with Outpost Magazine, DARE Magazine, Homes & Living and more.
• I am currently the editor of Food Network Canada.
• Previously, I was the editor of HGTV Canada.
• I was also the Vancouver city editor at Yellow Pages, managing all digital editorial content.
• I was the editor of the Living Architecture Monitor, a quarterly environmental magazine.
Issues I curated:
Summer 2015 (Water)
Spring 2015 (Urban Agriculture)
Winter 2014/2015 (Business Case)
Fall 2014 (Innovation)
Summer 2014 (Health)
Spring 2014 (Revitalization)
Winter 2013/2014 (International)
Fall 2013 (Food, Water & Energy)
Summer 2013 (Business Case)
Spring 2013 (Community Health)
Fall 2012 (The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)